Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day at Palisades

Today's Lunch!

I took the day off work in hopes of getting in some fishing. I took advantage of it and went to Palisades for the day. Got there around 9:30 and the park was sealed up, they were working on the asphalt, I went into the golf parking lot and met up with Ranger Bird. We talked for a minute but he was loading a trailer to haul out. He wanted a report how i did so here it is. Went to the dam and got in my tube, wind was blowing enough to make it interesting to move along but okay. Worked my way north along the dam and tried to stay in the channel and threw a number of lures at them. Started off with my Daredevil, went to the Kastmaster; chrome orange, gold, chrome blue, chrome, threw out some blue foxes notta. Went all the way around to the rocky point and broke out the Jakes gold w/red dots. Started getting hits, then hooked up a few tigers nothing of real size but fun to play in. A couple of them thought they were Marlins and through my lure it was fun to watch them tail dance and catch air. Kicked around until 3 pm and then got out. One poor soul sacrificed himself for lunch, nothing better than fresh fish on the grill, cooked at lake side. All in all a great day a little slow but beautiful. Next time remember the sun block!

No comments:

Post a Comment