Monday, September 6, 2010

Bday Green River Fishing

Sally bought me a guided trip on the Green River.  We headed out on Friday afternoon and arrived at Dutch John around 7:30pm got in our cabin and then had dinner at the cafe.  We woke up had breakfast and met the guide, Ryan.  We headed to the river got on the water and on our way by 9am he hooked me up with some top water dry flies and I got a few hits and caught a couple nice Bows.  He then put me on a couple nymph patterns and got hit quickly and often ended up with a few nice browns.  He showed me what I was doing wrong with my technique and worked on correcting it all day.  Finally by the end of the day I was doing better with what he wanted me to do.  All in all I ended up with about 15 or so fish, sand Sally had a good day reading and floating along was we fished.  By the end of the day I was exhausted shoulders killing me and the back was totally gone. Ryan did a great job and was very patient with me and did his best to break bad habits of mine.  Forgot the camera in the truck so we didn't get any pics on the boat but a couple at the shop and on our journey.  We ended the day with Ryan around 5pm.  From Dutch John we ended up going to Manila and then out to Evanston and spent the night there.  We woke up and took our time getting around leaving Evanston around noon and headed up over Mirror Lake.  Great drive was going to stop and fish along the way but the place was packed with last weekend warrioring.  There was not a parking spot available at any lake or camp site.  We headed on home and spent the rest of the day just lounging.   Great weekend Thanks to a wonderful wife for a great Birthday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment