Friday, January 27, 2012

Ski days of 2011-12


Day 4 - Sundance
A Blue Bird day again, both happy and sad to say those words right now.  We need snow badly!!  Went to Sundance in hopes of running into a good friend Mark Allen.  He posted a picture of fresh tracks on Wildflower and I thought alright Mark is on the mtn and they have had a freak storm roll through and dump a few inches.  Got dressed and loaded up and on the mtn in about 30 minutes from seeing the post.  Surprise no freak storm, but worse yet no Mark Allen called him and found out he was making reindeer food and spreading out in front of his house for Santa's reindeer, yep he is a good father.  Anyhow I put in few runs and decided skiing through man made ice crystals that kinda stung and all stuck to everything wasn't the same as the real stuff and headed to front mtn and seen Shan at the top of Ray's and talked to her for a bit then headed home.  Good day on the mtn just not OKAY.....lol.  til next time keep smiling.

Day 3 - Sundance
A Blue Bird day at Sundance!  It was cold and over cast to begin with but turned into a beautiful day at the Dance.  Still need tons of snow but for the groomers it was an okay day.  Just high speed cruising I was by myself.  Made for some fast loads and unloads.


Day 2 - Alta
Went up for a couple hours with Sally for our anniversary ski trip.  It was nice to have Sally with me on the slopes.  She is a trooper and puts up with me, has done so now for 27 married years.  The snow was not great and the off groomed trails were, in my book, unrunable at this point.  We desperately need some big dumpage. Just figures the year I get back on my boards it doesn't snow.  It was still nice to ride the man made stuff for little outside time with my love.


Day 1 - Alta
Well after a year off the slopes due to back surgery today went pretty good.  The back did very well.  The legs and feet did okay, the legs noodled on me after about 3 runs but pushed on and got in a few more.  The knee was tender but held up okay.  Didn't go anywhere out standing stayed on the groomers today to ensure all was working okay.  It started to snow as I pulled in the parking lot and snowed the rest of the time I was on the mtn.  I had a good time.  The new coat worked fabulously!  The meat chili at the lodge is good and they give free refills on your drinks which is a bonus.  So day 1 in the books.  Next season will buy pass to Alta and night pass to Sundance for weekly skiing times.  Til next time keep smilin' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment