Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fishing Days

Been out a couple times since my last post.  Went with my good friend Bruce Gardner to Strawberry.   We took our tubes and got in the water.  I enjoy fishing with Bruce because every time I go with him it is like getting a free clinic on fly fishing he superb at throwing a great loop.  He hooked up very quick on a very nice Cutthroat just under the limit but a nice fatty.  He was running a purple woolly with a scud trailer, it hit the scud.  He played it for about 5 minutes not wanting to hurt it or lose it.  We fished most of the day bot fly and spinning tackle.  The wind came up and blew us off the lake.  Bruce did very well, but caught a load of chub as well.  I didn't fare quite as well.
The next day I went up to Silver Flat Lake in AF canyon and took my tube out again.  Flied for quite some time but couldn't figure out the pattern, tired of not getting something I broke out my super light weight rod and started casting KM's it took a little bit to figure what colors they wanted but finally coaxed a few to the tube.  It was beautiful morning and the lake is still very high.  I do like that they closed off the peninsula it is starting green back up, and it doesn't kill anyone to walk a few feet to the shoreline.  They were all small bows and finally got a small brook to hit the end of the line.
I went fishing in the Uinta's this last Saturday to a small lake called Blue Lake.  I am trying to hit as many lakes as possible in the Uinta range.  It is dedicated to a man that loved the Uinta's, my Father(-in-Law) I hate putting in-law at the end because he never treated me as son-in-law but one of his own.
Sorry no pictures from the last couple outings.  til next time keep smilin'

No comments:

Post a Comment