Saturday, January 10, 2015

Ice Fishing with the Boys!

Went ice fishing with Jim and Parker last Saturday to Strawberry Reservoir. Fishing reports had said the fishing was hot! My friend was up there on Friday and caught 13 with one nice 23 inch Cutthroat trout. We arrived at the lake at 6:30 am and the temperature 16*. We got things together and unloaded the 4 wheeler and got on the trail. We were heading out to a spot we thought was good, along the way the ice started to give way and we quickly unloaded the 4 wheeler. I continued on with the 4 wheeler and the boys followed me. I stopped and we checked the ice thickness and it was 5 inches a little thin for the wheeler so we left it there and continued onto the spot we were going to fish. I bought a new tent over the week and we set it up. It worked great, fit all three of us comfortably with room to spare. We had lines in the water by 7:00 and started the waiting game. Nothing for a half hour so I got out and started drilling holes. I moved around for about an hour looking for anything on the flasher and trying to get hits. The air was still crisp and biting and my finger we getting numb so I went back to the tent to talk to Parker and Jim they hadn't gotten anything during this time. The fishing wasn't as hot as reported I talked to other anglers while out and about they were not getting anything either. We tried everything we had color combinations, scents, worms, jigs, rapalas you name it we threw it and nothing. We did finally get one to the hole but that was it. It was great outing for the new tent and we enjoyed the roominess of it and the protection it afforded from the wind with the heater running it was balmy in there. A good day of fishing, but catching was not so great!! Try it again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment