Friday, June 24, 2016

Fishing at Jordanelle


Wednesday evening Parker and I took a run-up to the Nelle. We arrived at about 5 pm and started off in our normal pattern and pop gear. We ran the pattern twice changing colors a couple times but got nothing. So we decided to hit a secondary lane and as we turned the corner into it we got a fish. Parker caught the first rainbow of the evening.






We continued on toward the dam and got a couple hits but no hookups. We turned around and got nothing until we turned at top of the lane and landed a nice sized rainbow this time on my thumper pop gear. This one a good 2 lb rainbow. We continued to run the lane and got another hit and landed another rainbow on Parker’s pole. we made the turnaround and nothing heading North in the lane as long as we were going South in the lane we got hits and caught fish. Until I put on hard plastic and put it out 6 colors, so running deep, and going north I got a nice hit and thought I had lost the fish until it seen the boat. It stayed down and I thought I caught a chub. When it surfaced though it was a decent-sized Brown trout. We made a couple more loops and I landed another nice 2 lb Rainbow trout.







The sun had set and we were running our lights and decided it was time load and go for home. A great evening on the pond!




No comments:

Post a Comment