Monday, November 7, 2016

Banking it at DC

Thursday Shifty and I met up fish_utah at the corrals on the north end of DC and started our hike to a spot they said would be HOT! 2 miles later we found ourselves past where they thought they were and the lake locked in a shroud of fog. We made our way down to the bank and got our gear ready.  I was fishing a bobber worm set up and throwing metal on my second pole.  I had a visitor join me for a little while.



I fished in this location about a half hour and got nothing.  When the ADD kicked in it was time to move.  I climbed back up the steep bank and dang near blew a lung out doing so!  I really need to focus on getting in a different shape than "Pear" shape.  Anyhow I made it up to the railroad tracks and wandered back toward the truck looking for a good deep water pocket.  I hiked about a mile back and seen a good spot to try that wasn't loaded with algae, the lakes have turned and the gunk is up top.  I made my way down the steep bank to the shoreline.  I cast the worm pole and then started throwing metal again.  I fished for a bit and got a couple hits and LDR's with a kastmaster.  I moved down the bank looking for good water and stopped a couple times getting follows and hits at each spot I fished.


Making my way about a half mile down the bank I stopped and fished until Shifty and fish_utah caught up with me.  I got one to the bank and had two more LDR's on the kastmaster. The fishing was not hot and furious.  The morning was awesome with the fog locked in until late morning.  They caught a couple fish as well, but when asked for pictures they didn't take any.....right.  Hahaha.  We left the lake at noon and headed for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment