Saturday, December 24, 2016

Ice Fishing Scofield Reservoir - Scout Camp 12-23-16


Friday morning I was late making it out, on the road at 7:15 I made my way to Scofield Reservoir where I met up with Parker and Dallin (Parker's BIL).  Pulled in about 8:30 and it was a balmy 7 degrees.


Loaded and ready to go I made my way down the ramp and to camp.  Parker is getting set up very nicely with equipment.  3 man tent, heater and power auger all I had to do is sit down and start fishing.  That's how it should be everyday!!



By the time I had gotten in the tent they had already landed a few fish, mainly Cutthroat trout but a couple chub. Scofield is choked with Utah Chub, seeing two already frozen outside the tent I thought that was all they had caught but they had managed 3 Cutthroat.


I sat down and started watching a pole they already had setup.  We talked and shared stories watched Comedy Central and caught fish the rest of the morning. Dallin was the clear winner of the day, I had a pole setup with a green paddle bug and that was the ticket he caught another six cutthroat and a couple chub.


I managed a couple chub and Parker decked a few cutthroat and more chub as well.  We did our civic duty and took out a number of chub from the lake that day while managing a few of the cutthroat all returned.  The sled worked great again today and more ideas for improvement were gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment