Friday, September 20, 2019

Evening Bite at Strawberry

Wednesday night Joe and LeeAnn, crazy to think it has been a couple years since we have been out. We pulled into Renegade launch ramp at 4:30 pm and were fishing by 5:00 pm. I started LeeAnn out with popgear and spoon and setup Joe with popgear and kastmaster. I threw out a husky jerk and ran it out about 200 feet.




LeeAnn was the first to hook up for the evening, low and behold I went to net it and got the hook in the net and the fish popped off. Sorry, LeeAnn!  However it wasn't but a couple minutes and she had the second fish hooked up, I landed this one.  A little cutthroat but it filled the quota with fins and gills.




Joe got on the board next with another little cutthroat trout. We found the nursery. LeeAnn landed a couple more small cutthroat on the spoon. Joe got a couple more and one decent cutthroat. I finally got on the board after I changed out to a ghost jerk bait. We arrived where I wanted to start throwing crankbaits. On the reel in I got another cutthroat on the ghost.




We started throwing cranks in about 60 feet of water. I put Joe on the White Bomber and LeeAnn on the Blue Shad that had been hot the week before. I put on the Bruiser Bandit I got a fish after a number of casts. Joe hooked up on the second cast. LeeAnn cast many times and didn't get a hit. I changed her out and I changed out as well. I put on a Bone Orange Bandit and got a couple more decent cutthroat.

 





We changed depths, colors, and styles of lures trying to get more hits. The hit wasn't as fast and furious as it was last week. The sun was dropping on the horizon the wind was whipping as it had been all evening, but we decided to head in. On the way in we trolled, Joe and LeeAnn landed a few more cutthroat on the way in. Joe landed the last nice sized cutthroat. We loaded as dusk set in and headed for home. We got 20-25 fish for the evening so it was good for a couple hours on the lake.


2 comments: