Monday, April 26, 2021

When Time gets Away from YOU

Here I am once again catching up on my posting of the things we have been doing. I have put more emphasis on my YouTube channel lately and I apologize to those of you who have been active readers of my blog. I will continue to update the blog and try my best to update it at least weekly.

Since my last post, we have had many outings. Ice fishing, on the Fish Steeler, and from the bank. I have gone with Parker, Jim, by myself and reunited this past week with good friend Danny Adams. The ice season wrapped up for us at Soldier Creek in March. Parker and I fished it to close out the season. We had fun but it was a slow catching day but did manage a few throwback cutthroats on the trip.



I and Jim have done a few trips on both open water and ice in the past few weeks. We fished open water at Deer Creek, ice at Scofield, open water at Palisades Catching fish on each trip. Jim's yellow pole is still the hot ticket from the bank. He won't share the secret of the yellow pole with anyone! LOL. Our last ice trip to Scofield was a good success we decked over 50 fish for the day.






I fished solo a couple times. Once at Deer Creek, an ice off trip to Vernon. I manage to catch a couple fish each trip but that was it. They weren't interested in my offerings on those trips.


The final trip to report on was last week with Danny and his friend Troy. Danny bought a new Thunder Jet boat and it is the dreamboat. Set up for Kokanee fishing. Danny picked me up and we motored up to Jordanelle where we met up with Troy. Troy another diehard Kokanee fisher. We were targeting Kokanee for the day. The population at Jordanelle is maturing and getting large enough to harvest a couple each trip. We launched at 10 am and had lines set by 10:30. The first line to hook up was Danny's he reeled in a nice-sized rainbow trout, not what we were targeting but we were on fish. The 2nd was also Danny's it was another rainbow. I got one hooked up and another rainbow in the live well. Then we made the ultimate sin of leaving fish to find fish. 3 hours later we returned to our starting point. We quickly hooked into a fish this time Troy's pole. He hooked up the first Kokanee of the day. I got another hook set and this time it was a Kokanee, a nice sized one. We ended the day with 5 rainbows and 2 kokanees in the live well. We had a blast!








No comments:

Post a Comment