Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Great Day @ Alta!

Parker wanted to hit Alta before he left for his mission to England.  So we headed out for Alta Monday morning got there in time to catch the first load of chairs.  We skied the hole mountain from Wildcat to Supreme.  We spent most of the day on Supreme skiing steeps and bumps.  We had a great day!  By the end we were both spent and could barely walk back to the truck.  Parker will leave Thursday and return in 2 years I think he was sent off with a good memory to reflect on in those times of idleness.  We skied Powder for the first run of the day in Ballroom bowl it was good snow probably knee deep, we headed into East Greeley from there and hit some powder and I showed Parke Pyramid Rock which I jumped in my younger days, I think he was more concerned about getting down the mtn at that point ;).  We then went up Sugarloaf we had our picture taken by the photo dude at the top looking back at Timpanogas and I showed him where Sundance sat on the mtn and it was quite a bit lower than where we were at the time.  We then went to Supreme and skied the steeps and bumps the rest of the day.  I finally had to tell him I would catch up with him at the bottom of the bumps, and found some good air and soft slopes for me to ski.  He enjoyed the day quite a bit and we both left with grins.  It had been years since I skied Alta, it didn't take long to remember why it is still my favorite mountain to ski, the quiet solitude, the steep open bowls, and overall great attitude.  We watched a Golden catch an air pocket and soar for miles, excellent day!  If this is the last runs I put in this season, I had a great season!  I plan to hit a few more runs but if not a great day to finish on.  Til next time, keep smilin'

No comments:

Post a Comment