Friday, July 16, 2010

West Slope Challenge

Went out on a challenge to myself to see how many waters I could catch a limit in one day on the West Slope of the Uintah mountains.  Took off kinda late and got to upper Provo river by 11:30, but the water was running high and hard and muddy figured I would pass on it and went on to Mill Hollow Res. When I arrived at Mill Hollow it looked as though all of SLC had come up to fish, but I did manage to get into a spot on the bank and make enough cast with a Kastmaster to limit in about 25 minutes.  I thought wow if it is like this all day I will be able to hit a lot of waters.  Not so fast moved on to Currant Creek and got stuck on a very windy lake didn't even attempt to take the tube out.  Fished the rest of the afternoon and into the evening on Currant Creek.  I did manage to squeak out a limit of pan size trout one fighting Tiger and 3 bows.  By this time it was dusk and the skeeters were out in force, I decided to head for home.  Went up over the pass to Strawberry only to run into a locked gate due to snow, I did plow through a couple drifts to get to CC that afternoon, had to turn around and headed back toward Lake Summit and went out on Timberlake road into Heber.  Good day and met up with some good folks.  Will have to try this challenge again.

No comments:

Post a Comment