Saturday, December 27, 2014

Skiing day 2.....SINGLE!


Woke up this morning looked out the door and seen blue skies! No late night text from anyone wanting to hit a lake or bunny hunt so I decided to get on the mountain. Sundance Ski Resort is my home town resort, growing up there and working through high school as a parking lot attendant. Eight my friends and I all did this to get season passes, lets just say there was more skiing in the winter than school work, luckily I had teachers that understood the draw to the mountains. This morning, like I said, was Bluebird sky and no wind, colder than Hades, 6* at base. That just meant that the snow loss water content and fluffed up, much to my surprise there wasn't a lot of new snow from Tuesday to today, even though we had a large snow storm on Christmas. Sundance is that way with northerly storms it is hit and miss when they come out of the north. Storms from the south however is the time to have your powder boards ready to go, Sundance will get slammed with Utah's finest Champagne Powder. I made first chair this morning with another rider and we made it to back mountain after brake checks and learner stops by 9:10 and first run commenced. Today was a cruiser day, turned on the ipod and listened to some tunes and rode the Corduroy for some speed. I did hit one crud run and decided not today, broken, choppy and heavy off the groomed, I just relaxed and carved turns. I made seven runs before the lines got long and my legs were tired. Seven runs by 10:30 was pretty good and I didn't feel like standing in lines today, so I called it good and headed for home. Stopped at the parents house and visited for a while and was home by noon. Great morning on the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment