Saturday, October 24, 2015

Where have we been?!

Howdy folks! Sorry we have been off grid for a while. Labor Day proved to be a costly one for me. I was helping a neighbor with the sprinkling system and when I reached into the water control box to turn off the water I did some damage to my hand and finished off my thumb. In short I had surgery a couple weeks and this happened..
..a new titanium thumb joint, one step closer to becoming Wolverine. Needless to say it has put a dampening effect on the outings. Not only that my body no longer reacts to anesthesia that well anymore. I have also had to rely on the Mrs. for help even putting on pants. Learning to do everything left handed has been eventful. Especially some aspects of life. I have learned that everything oriented to the right hand person and that using your left hand even with the simplest of tasks can be unnerving. However I am now on the mend and ready to get back out doing things although it will be one handed for the part and trying to type this with the cast on is taxing on the speed and accuracy, when even with two hands it was slow.
We did however take a trip back to Pittsburgh and take in a Steelers game. We had 18th row isle seats in the end zone! As you may have guessed I am a diehard Steeler fan and it was a bucket list item to see them play live in Three River Stadium. We did some seeing and shopping in Pittsburgh. We went to Erie PA, to see Lake Erie not enough time or ability to fish but we have now been to 3 of the great lakes. Monday we visited the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton OH. Overall it was a great trip and the people of Pittsburgh are great. I had a very hard time not breaking the bank on souvenirs in both Pittsburgh and Canton.

Hope to be on the trail or lake next week even in the cast. Learning to cast left handed is interesting to say the least!













No comments:

Post a Comment