Saturday, July 2, 2016

Fishing Rockport for Rainbow and Brown Trout

The catch of the day not bad for a weird day

Today we fished Rockport Reservoir, we were looking to catch Rainbow and Brown trout. We were the first boat on the water and launched at 5:30 am. The water was rippled and the wind continued all day and picking up as time passed. We started trolling immediately passed the buoys of the dock and worked our way south. We had fish hooked up almost immediately only to lose them. That was the story of my entire day! I had at least 15 fish hooked up with a couple very nice trout only to lose them at the boat, I can't answer why I lost them kept good tension on them and the tip loaded the entire time but I lost every fish I had hooked up today.

Sunrise is coming
  
Sunrise on the water a great way to wake up

Parker on the other hand was catching and landing fish most of the day, he lost his fair share of them as well but he managed to get a few to the live well. We fished 30 - 50 feet in depth most of the day and Rainbow pop gear was the color of the day. I had a couple early on cowbell prism tape but it shut down quickly and the rainbow stayed hot all day. It was a great day of fishing we had over thirty fish on the line but for whatever reason we could not get them landed. It was fast and furious early in the morning but slowed as the day progressed. We got fish in each lane and like I said it was rainbow that they wanted. Good luck on your next trip! I will figure it out and land some next trip.....


Parker excited to be fishing....lol

No comments:

Post a Comment