Sunday, April 14, 2019

From the Banks of Palisades

Saturday I finished up work early in the morning since it was cold and wet. The mountains were getting hammered and it didn't look like it was going to end soon, so I packed the backpack and pole into the Mule and headed south for some warmer climes. No one was available so I went solo.



Pulled into the ranger station around 1:30 and bought a new state pass, set for the summer! Parked and walked to the pump house, threw a couple kastmasters and got one hit on a rainbow but nothing else. I moved down the bank to a favorite spot and cast multiple kastmasters and other lures for a couple hours before calling it. I caught a nice little native rainbow, meaning not from a hatchery, on a gold/red kastmaster and got a few more hits on other lures but no takers. I ended the day with one catch a little sun for vitamin D and a relaxing afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment