Sunday, May 5, 2019

Some Days You Catch, Some Days You Fish!

Haven't made a post in some time, since my solo trip to Palisade Res. Not because I haven't been, but because there hasn't been much to report on the catching side of things. I have been out with Jim and Shifty a couple times, both on the boat and from the bank.
The end of April was a slow catching but the fishing was good in the aspect that we were on the water and escaping some of the reality of life. We fished and relaxed and I caught few if any on most trips out. Shifty caught a few on each outing, Jim got a couple. The first outing was after my trip to Palisade, met up with Shifty on Thursday evening and fished the banks of Deer Creek, Shifty enjoys bank fishing, me not so much, but we are out. He landed a couple Rainbow that morning I got a great shot of the full moon rise.


Next up Jim and I went to Jordanelle for the Brown trout. Usually this time of the year the brown trout are slamming crank baits and jerk baits in the shallow waters.  We fished almost all day and tried everything in the boat and got nothing. Lost a few lures but not even a bite.




In the meantime, my oldest son received a pedal boat for his birthday from his wife. She's a good girl. She bought this for him and his family to enjoy something together.  The coolest part about this pedal boat is that it has a built-in electric trolling motor!  So he and I took it out for a maiden voyage in the Lindon boat marina. It will be great for him and his family to have fun in. We learned a couple things about it quickly and that you need to board the boat in a balanced right left fashion. 

Link to short video of the cruise it was a beautiful evening. Sorry it's sideways

That's how our April ended some good trips to the waters and some great times with family and friends. Even though I didn't catch anything friends catching fish is still fun to capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment