Sunday, June 21, 2020

Fishing Mill Hollow - Utah

At the western edge of the Uinta's a lake is nestled in the high pines and aspens. We fished this lake frequently with my father in law and the week before he passed he wanted to fish there that was nine years ago. He couldn't hike down to the lake so he watched from the truck as I reeled in a few of the small trout. A couple weeks ago I ventured back up there. So did the rest of the state! I did find an open area that let me make my cast between all the fishers. It was a breezy day and with some gusts once in a while. Most of the other anglers were using power bait which made it easy to cast and reel around them.

I got to my spot and started throwing my Kastmasters. It wasn't long before I got one to bite. A rainbow trout nothing of size but a fish nonetheless. I changed colors and sizes for about two hours on the bank and caught a few rainbow trout. All healthy with all their fins which was nice to see. This lake is stocked often due to the traffic it receives. Like I say I only spent a couple hours casting and called it good. It was good to get back up there after a couple years of not going there.

No comments:

Post a Comment