Monday, August 24, 2020

Fishing Deer Creek with Parker


We finally got to get out on the lake again. I miss fishing with my boys! Parker and I fished Deer Creek a couple weeks ago and we had a blast. The morning was awesome with a little chop on the water. There were skiers already on the lake when launched which was crazy for a Friday morning. We launched and headed for our historical lanes and set lines.

Parker set his downrigger with two lines one at 30 and the other at 20 feet. I set my lead line at 30 feet and a light line shallow. We fished our lanes for most of the morning but didn't produce a fish. We decided to go to a backup lane in Rainbow bay and that's when things got busy. Parker had his downrigger set and the fish were hungry. My lines were not producing anything so I stowed the lead line and used the upper clip on the downrigger and finally got a fish hooked up.

We fished until the wakes so bad that we couldn't stand up in the boat. The wind and wakeboarders had the water tore up. We finished with 4 nice sized rainbow trout.

The fish ended up in tinfoil and seasoned for a great meal!

2 comments: