Sunday, March 29, 2009

Palisades II


We went to Palisades again on Saturday. Bob, Parker and myself we pulled into the park about noon. Ran into the Ranger of the lake. I noticed his name was B. Bird, I asked if he was related to Bill Bird. He responded that's my father, I was blown away, hadn't seen him in 25+ years. We visited for quite a while and Bob and Parker got to fishing. Bob landed the first of the day with his reliable Jake's gold w/red dots. While Brad and I visited he told us that the record Tiger Trout had been pulled out the lake and was 30 inches and 12+lbs. As we shared stories and secrets he gave me the areas to set up in and what to run, you will have to come with us on a trip and we will share secrets. The fishing was very slow and we threw everything at them and even hit one of the holes Brad pointed us to, Bob did catch his in the hole. We will return there with our tubes from now on. We ended the day around 5pm, Parker was HUNGRY. We headed into Manti for a bite to eat and stopped at a local shop, can't remember the name it was a green building, not the best burger joint we have hit on our adventures. Got home at dusk and was sunburned form the beautiful day that it was. We had a great day on the pond. Come join us if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment