Sunday, May 28, 2017

Palisades Reservoir looking for Tigers


Thursday morning came and I didn't have any takers on fishing, so I decided to do my trip that I had planned for Tuesday. I set out a little late but made it to the lake around noon. I was fishing from the bank and knew where I was headed so I didn't feel the need to hurry.












Palisades is full and has the beautiful blue tint to it, and not many people on the lake when I arrived. The camp spots were filling up but no fishers. I parked at the east end and hiked out to my favorite spot and started throwing a husky jerk. I had a couple nice tiger trout follow it the bank but didn't hit it. I changed out to a kastmaster and got nothing so I moved down the bank to another hole I like and started throwing the kastmaster. I usually give a color 10 casts and change it if isn't producing, the color combo was good, second cast and a rainbow came to the bank for a visit.










I fished that color for as long as it kept producing, 8 fish total on that color. It died off so I went to an old reliable color and got a couple more on it. By now it was early afternoon and more people were showing up and the fish were slowing down. I changed out to a crankbait and on the 5th cast it got me another rainbow.  Not satisfied that the Tiger trout weren't hitting I went back to the husky jerk and on the second cast it landed a rainbow as well. I had one tiger to the bank and as I was raising it out of the water it released itself from the kastmaster.










I had an enjoyable day on solo and caught a few fish along the way.  Here are the lures that produced some fish.



No comments:

Post a Comment