Thursday, January 31, 2019

Ski The Beav!

Monday morning I woke up in Logan and prepared for a day of skiing at Beaver Mountain. Located 20 miles east of Logan off highway 89 "Top of Utah" Scenic Byway in Logan Canyon. One of the prettiest canyons in Utah. I arrived just before opening, picked up my lift pass and got ready to explore a new resort. The resort is at the top of the canyon with spectacular views. Having never skied here before I picked up a trail map, didn't really need it after seeing it. The resort consists of four lifts with a myriad of trail choices in each difficulty range. Harry's Dream lift takes you to the top of the resort and from there you can get to the other lifts, Facelift chair does not run during the week but is nestled at the bottom of the mountain adjacent to Harry's. Margies Triple is the next chairlift to be explored with diamonds and blues, and one or two greens. Little Beaver lift is just that, the beginner lift, sorry I didn't venture over there.  I skied Margies Triple and Harry's Dream.





 












I parked in the first lot coming into the resort and after hiking up to Harry's Dream from the lot I noticed another lot that put you right at the base of the lift, I suggest to park there. Friendly ticket agent and other folks on the mountain all had smiles and a greeting for you. I stepped into my ski's and made my way to Harry's Dream.  This lift is about a 10-minute ride to the top. The views from the top are amazing! I skied down the first run of the day a well-groomed blue called D-Street to the Stump run taking me back to the bottom of the resort. For a warm-up run, it was good and long. I skied right onto the chair with no line. The 10-minute ride up was good to get some oxygen back in the legs. Second, run into a black and back to the bottom, again no waiting and no line skied right onto the next chair. This time I stayed left and made my way to Margies Triple.

Lodge

Ticket Office


Margies, fed into mainly blues and blacks and has the resort terrain park. A shorter lift ride to the peak and quickly seeing the runs were packed out with some stashes still available in the trees. I unloaded and did the short face run with a few bumps and soft crud snow, this linked into a groomer and I rode this out to the bottom of the lift. No wait and right onto the chair. I skied a few runs on Margies and enjoyed each one them some groomers and some ungroomed. After a few runs, I made my way back to Harry's Dream and made a couple runs before taking a quick break at the bottom of the mountain. A few more people were showing up but still no waiting in line.

 


After a quick stop, I loaded back up on Harry's Dream and made a few more runs. By now the legs were pumped and screaming but the day was so beautiful I did not want to stop. However, my brain won out and I stopped before I had to be carried off the mountain. I had lunch at the lodge and it was good and decent priced. Sat on the deck and soaked in the sun a little more and enjoyed the view of the mountain.  I used my Yeti pass but an all-day pass is only $50, well worth the money and the travel, I will return and enjoy The Beav again.

No comments:

Post a Comment