Friday, July 11, 2014

DC 4SOME!


Fishing tonight was slow but fun.  We targeted Walleye tonight trying to figure them out.  We were told where to find them, how to find them, and what to use to catch them.  Yep, none of it worked fished most of the afternoon into early evening and went to where we had caught a couple before and found fish.  Kelly was on top of, being this is his realm, he caught the trifecta of fish with a Walleye, Large Mouth Bass, and a Small Mouth Bass none were huge but still he caught them using pitch and drag method that he loves to use. 
I was bottom bouncing on a slow, very slow troll with grubs, rapala’s, flat fish.  The only I got was a fouled Perch making 4 different fish for the evening!!  The only pan fish we didn’t catch was a blue gill that I know are in DC.  Kelly was just figuring them out and was getting hits on every cast.  They were hitting him multiple times on each cast as he slow retrieved his set up.  I on the other hand was running two poles by now and on bottom bouncing and one casting into the rocks with spoons and rapala’s.  Yep still nothing for me, I guess the bass gods don’t like me because I have always said they are no bass in DC …….LOL.  Kelly on the other hand was in heaven catch bass again and having fun.  Best smiles I have seen on his face for some time.  We fished until we could no longer due to a storm blowing in from all directions.  We started to get just as we loaded and secured the boat by the time we made it down the canyon to home it was a down pour, great rain for us and we need as much as we can get.  The monsoon season is upon us in UT and every afternoon for a while now will most likely and hopefully be WET!!  By the way I knew there was Bass in DC I just have to give my bass fishing friends a hard time about them J

No comments:

Post a Comment