Friday, August 18, 2017

Evening Fish with Family


Last Wednesday evening the boys asked if I was up for a fish. I of course said yes! We met up at 5 pm with my grandson Harrison along for the trip and we headed south. The boys wanted to go for Kokanee at one of our favorite Colorado Cutthroat lakes. Parker had been up there in the last couple weeks and got a couple plus a few cutthroat. We made it to the lake by 6:30 pm and we quickly got launched.




Trolling, Parker set up his down rigger off the back and I put on my jet diver and Jim ran lead out of the back. We had the column covered. It took us a bit to find them but when we did the catching was fast for about an hour and half and we landed 7 keeper Kokanee Salmon and released another 3. Most were on the down rigger of course but I got a couple on my jet diver with a dodger and squid in tow. Jim got one on the lead line.



We were pleased with our outing and the number of good Kokanee we caught. The sun set and we took in the beauty of it as we shared stories. It had been a long time since we had gotten out on the lake and it was good to be out again. Can't wait to get out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment