Sunday, August 27, 2017

Jordanelle Rainbows and Small Mouth Bass 8/24/17


Thursday Shifty and I hit the water at Jordanelle Reservoir. We launched at 6:30 and had gear in the water before 7 am. We trolled pop gear and worm for the trout. The water was nice and clear with little debris in it, 67 degrees when we started off. Jack-of-diamonds and rainbow pop gear were the colors, Shifty was out 135 ft and I was out 100 ft. 




We got our first hit in 10 minutes but I was late on the take and missed it. Shifty landed the next two rainbow trout and I landed one finally. Shifty caught the next two and I finally landed another, I think the silver JOD's were the ticket. We got a double up just before 9:30 and landed them both. Shifty and I put out again for the last fish, Shifty quickly got a hit and landed our limit of rainbow trout for the day at 9:30 am.



After limiting out on rainbow trout we went after smallmouth bass and we found them. We hit multiple bays and got into them in each area. Not many of any size but they were hitting our crankbaits. We ended up with 20 smallmouth bass on the boat. We had a little rain along the way which cooled the day off nicely. We fished three new bays and caught fish in each one.



Great day on the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment