Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Fishing Deer Creek - Day of The Bat


Thursdays are fishing days with Shifty and a couple Thursdays ago we both got spanked on the troll for trout. Not one bite in a couple hours of trolling. The day didn't improve for me. I practiced my casting technique in hopes of finding at least one that wanted to join me on the boat. We Trolled in our usual lanes and used our usual gear and changed it often trying to find the ticket for the trout but no luck.


We decided to change over to casting lures for bass. We started out down by the dam and Shifty didn't waste any time in picking up the first of many for him that day. The first fish on the Cruiser was a smallmouth bass but after a few more cast and smallmouth he landed a decent-sized largemouth bass. We fished this stretch for a bit and Shifty caught a couple more, nope nothing for me. We decided to run up to the north end of the lake and work the rocks.


We pulled into our first leg and Shifty again found a fish at the end of his line. We fished all the way down the bank and Shifty kept catching fish, me nope nothing. We stopped on the bank and Shifty gave it a valiant effort in finding his lure he had lost a couple weeks before. The water had dropped enough to put the area he lost it in high and dry. He searched and searched. I kept working on my technique, in hopes I would learn how to catch a fish that day.


The oddest catch of the day came when Shifty felt a tap on his line but no fight. He thought he had hooked a Walleye. He reeled it in and found a dead bat on his hook. Crazy things you catch while fishing. The craziest thing I have caught is an empty swimsuit.....haha! But today it was the Bat. We fished for a little while longer and the bite had stopped for Shifty, it never started for me.


We headed to the ramp and then for home. Shifty had a great day of catching and I had a great day of fishing!

Video link

No comments:

Post a Comment