Sunday, October 4, 2020

Evening Fish at Deer Creek with Jimmy and the Boys

      

Nothing makes me happier than spending time with my family! A couple weeks ago Jimmy my oldest called and asked if I wanted to go fish Deer Creek with him and my grandsons. I said yes of course and met him at his place. He has a beautiful Targa so I loaded my tackle and poles in and we departed for Deer Creek. We launched around 5pm and made the run-up lake to the cliffs, that are now 30 feet out of the water. Deer Creek is extremely low and getting lower. We stopped and rigged up for the evening bite.



We fished the rocks along the west shore casting crankbaits and curly tail jigs. The bite was slow, to begin with, but got hotter as the evening shadows grew longer. As we progressed down the shoreline the structure changed often and we noticed each time we went from stones to sand the bite improved. Also the shallower it got. Jimmy had the hot lure of the evening with a red craw pattern. We tried all different kinds of colors and retrieves.



Max and Harrison got in on the action with a few nice smallmouth bass. I kept my numbers growing ever so often as well. The evening bite is always a bit different than the morning bite, but we persisted and ended up with quite a few smallmouth and largemouth bass in the boat. Just being on the water with the grandsons is always a pleasure but hearing them cheer as they have a fish bite makes the experience that much more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment