Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Silver Flat Reservoir



I went with a good friend to high mountain lake in American Fork Canyon.  Bruce is one of the best fly fisherman I know.  He has one of the smoothest cast on the Wasatch front.  So it is always a pleasure to go with him and learn a little just by watching his technique.  We fished fro about 3 hours and caught only a few fish.  Nothing large but never really is anything too big in Silver Flat.  Bruce set up double hook with an attractor and and a trailer midge or scud pattern.  He got a lot of hits but landed only a couple on what he called a snowcone midge.  I fished with my fly rod for most of the evening but got nothing on it so I switched over ultra-light spin gear and landed a little carry over rainbow.

It was promptly sent back to grow some.  I continued throwing light weight lures at them and got a couple more hits on the kastmaster.  Bruce continued to drag his rig and got a lot of hits yet but still only got a couple to the boat.  We finished off the evening by catching a couple on the way in.  Slow but the views at Silver Flat are amazing!  Great evening with great company.

No comments:

Post a Comment