Friday, January 13, 2017

Rockport Ice Fishing, quick afternoon


Today woke up and felt like crud, but as the day progressed got feeling a little better.  So I did the most logical thing I could think, go fish! The valley is socked in with inversion and the mountains are clear.  So I drove to Jordanelle to check on it's ice situation, the marina bay is frozen over but I wouldn't make the hike down to see if it was safe. They plowed a berm at the ramp and it is easily 4 feet of untracked snow to the lake. I decided to see how Rockport was looking. Got there and the lake is extremely low still with the river exposed past Cottonwood Campground but ice was on the lake. Drove around to the marina and there were a few camps on the water and the ramp was plowed. Got on the water around 1 pm and started fishing with a pink jig and then put in a white paddle and fire tiger fly with shrimp.  Five minutes later I had my first fish on the deck.  I was thinking great afternoon to be on the lake. I fished for a little over an hour and got my limit.  Nothing big but the action was fast and fun. Had to pack up early after my misses asked me on a date. Head back up in the morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment