Sunday, January 12, 2020

Ice Fishing Red Creek 01-11-2020

Saturday I met up with Jason from Fishfearme Studios at Red Creek. He had extended an invitation for the last couple weeks and I was unable to join him. This Saturday I was going to make it. I got off late and made it to the lake by 9:30 and had to be home by 3:30 so I only had a couple hours. I didn't want to miss this invite. When I got to the lake I found his camp across the lake in a small bay. Steve with Packs-a-lot was with him, all three of us are from Utah Valley and have YouTube channels and that's how this trip came together.


I packed out across the lake to meet up with them on the other side. Stave had all his gear set up and holes drilled all around the camp. Steve uses Jawjackers for the most part and he had them set to go off. He has created a cool stand for his jackers to be on that makes them easier to work with and it works great. Jason and Steve were there before sun up and had already got six nice trout in the basket. They were waiting for a couple big ones to finish off their limits. I got there late enough to miss the morning bite but was still happy to be there.


As we met and introduced ourselves Jason showed me around camp and the tent. His set up is very nice and warm. He has plenty of room in his tent for all the accessories. I got my stuff situated and poles in the water. We continued to talk about the happenings of the morning and the day itself. Jason landed a rainbow trout within a few minutes of my arrival. I was still waiting for a hit. Next up was Steve he landed another rainbow trout both on power bait. I was still waiting. After watching them release their catches I settled in at my holes and seen one tip was barely moving so I picked up the pole and worked it for a but and coaxed the bite. I set the hook and reeled in a rainbow trout. The only one I would catch for the day.



We retired to the tent and talked about adventures and life for a while and had a pleasant discussion. We talked until I needed to head for the truck. I never got another bite that late morning early afternoon. Of course, as I was leaving their poles started going off and brought in a couple rainbow trout as I hiked back to the truck.
It was a bluebird day and a great little lake. I will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment